This is my short, description-free list of best long form and short form comics of 2013. Please note that there are many comics sent to me in 2013 that I have not yet read or reviewed.
1. Infomaniacs, by Matthew Thurber (PictureBox)
2. Hagelbarger and That Nightmare Goat, by Renee French (Yam Books).
3. New School, by Dash Shaw (Fantagraphics).
4. Sammy The Mouse volume 2, by Zak Sally (Uncivilized).
5. Out of Hollow Water, by Anna Bongiovanni (2D Cloud).
6. Incidents In the Night, by David B (Uncivilized).
7. Today Is The Last Day Of The Rest Of Your Life, by Ulli Lust (Fantagraphics)
8. Very Casual, by Michael DeForge (Koyama Press).
9. Eye of the Majestic Creature Volume 2, by Leslie Stein (Fantagraphics)
10. Couch Tag, by Jesse Reklaw (Fantagraphics).
11. Celebrated Summer, by Chuck Forsman (Fantagraphics).
12. Susceptible, by Genevieve Castree (Drawn & Quarterly)
13. Aesthetics, by Ivan Brunetti (Yale U Press)
14. Pompei, by Frank Santoro (PictureBox)
15. Barrel of Monkeys, by Ruppert and Mulot (Rebus Books)
16. Black Eye volume 2, edited by Ryan Standfest.
17. Other Stories and the Horse You Rode In On, by Dakota McFadzean (Conundrum)
18. Hip Hop Family Tree volume 1 by Ed Piskor (Fantagraphics)
19. Marble Season, by Gilbert Hernandez (Drawn & Quarterly)
20. Beta Testing the Apocalypse, by Tom Kaczynski (Fantagraphics)
21. Woman Rebel, by Peter Bagge (Drawn & Quarterly)
22. Black is the Color, by Julia Gfrorer (Fantagraphics)
23. My Dirty Dumb Eyes, by Lisa Hanawalt (Drawn & Quarterly)
24. The End of the Fucking World, by Chuck Forsman (Fantagraphics)
25. Lost Cat, by Jason (Fantagraphics)
Hon Mention: Tune volume 2, by Derek Kirk Kim and Les McClaine; Fran, by Jim Woodring; Hic and Hoc Illustrated Journal of Humor Volume 1: The United States, edited by Lauren Barnett and Nate Bulmer; You're All Just Jealous of My Jetpack, by Tom Gauld;
Short-Form Comics (Includes minicomics anthologies)
1. Zebediah #1-2, by Asher Craw.
2. Houses of the Holy, by Caitlin Skaalrud.
3. Party Plans #2, by Ze Jian Shen.
4. View-o-Tron #2, by Sam Sharpe.
5. Household, by Sam Alden.
6. Wuvable Oaf #4, by Ed Luce.
7. Dog City volume 2, by various.
8. Hungry Bottom Comics: 2Fags 2Furious, by Eric Kostiuk Williams
9. Sky in Stereo #2, by Mardou (Yam Books)
10. Monster, edited by Paul Lyons and Roby Newton.
11. Three Fates, by Emma Louthan (Yeah Dude).
12. Raw Power #2, by Josh Bayer.
13. LOVF, by Jesse Reklaw (Paper Rocket)
14. Of The Monstrous Pictures of Whales, by Luke Healy.
15. Cartozia Tales #1-2, edited by Isaac Cates.
16. S.F., by Ryan Cecil Smith (Koyama Press)
17. Do Not Disturb My Waking Dream #3, by Laura Park.
18. Men's Feelings, by Ted May. (Revival House).
19. Blammo #8, by Noah Van Sciver (Kilgore Press).
20. Magic Whistle #13, by Sam Henderson (Alternative Comics).
21. Irene volume 3, by various.
22. Lou, by Melissa Mendes (Oily Comics)
23. Sub, by Daryl Seitchik.
24. Stonewall: Mark #1, by Sasha Steinberg.
25. House of Women #1, by Sophia Goldstein.
26. Annotated #10, by Aaron Cockle.
27. Rom: Prison Riot, by Josh Bayer.
28. Powdered Milk #11, by Keiler Roberts.
29. Henry and Glenn, Forever and Ever #3, edited by Tom Neely.
30. Smoo #7, by Simon Moreton.
31. It Will All Hurt, by Farel Dalryumple (Press Gang)
32. Blacklight, by Julia Gfrorer.
33. Blindspot #3, by Joseph Remnant (Kilgore Comics)
34. Selfie, by Anna Bongiovanni.
35. Keep Fresh, by Ze Jian Shen (Retrofit).
36. Queerotica, by various.
37. Jam In The Band 3, #1-2, by Robin Enrico.
38. Katherine, by Kitty Berry.
39. Autonoetic, by Dawson Walker.
40. Unfortunate Relationships, by Rachel Topka.
41. Long Division, by Joyana McDiarmid.
42. Tablegeddon, edited by Rob Kirby.
43. Crushable: John Doe, by Janice Shapiro.
44. Eel Mansions #1-3, by Derek Von Gieson (Uncivilized).
45. Gorilla Year #2, by Cara Bean.
46. Secret Voice #1, by Zack Soto.
47. 17 Weddings, by Robyn Jordan.
48. Alamo Value Plus #1, by Rusty Jordan (Revival House).
49. Deep Forest #1-2, by Laurel Lynn Leake.
50. The Black Feather Falls #1, by Ellen Lindner (Soaring Penguin Press).